This (so far) Canadian-based measurement wonk is packing up both the professional tool box and personal belongings and heading to the USA, Washington DC, for a May 17 start. I`ll be joining CARMA International, Global Media Analysts in a senior-level management consulting capacity.
Having been on all sides of the triangle (in-house corporate PR, big 5 global agency, research and measurement supply-side) I was excited about an opportunity to work with and make a unique contribution to the senior management team.
I’m excited, honoured, and thankful. I’m very much looking forward to working with the U.S. organization (and its clients).
- Founder Albert J. Barr was among the first if not the first to commercialize media content analysis in 1984; comparatively early days in the PR research and measurement biz.
- I’ve been following the thought leadership of CARMA alum (and former IPR measurement commission member) Dr. Jim MacNamara for more than decade.
- CARMA has a strong list of international clients served out of the following offices:
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- New Delhi
- Sao Paulo
- Washington, DC
- A chance to work with some deep intellect in Founder and CEO Albert J. Barr, SVP Alison Tedor, and VPs Chris Scully and Sonia LaFountain-Ginyard.
- The role is an intriguing combination of:
- Evangelist, advocate, marketing mouthpiece, networker, conversationship builder
- Client work
- Thought provider on method
- Senior-level staff and client support
- Contribution to the leadership of the U.S. operation
- Contribution to the international operation/management team
Thanks CARMA. Looking forward to getting started.
Follow us on Twitter @ CARMA_Tweets & @alanchumley