This PRoponent / PRomulgator is speaking at the Canadian Council for PR Firms/ Meausement Panel tomorrow morning. After these types of events, I’m always asked: “what can we read for more on the topic?”
So, because I always forget a few, and in anticipation of that question, and to have a place for those resources to sit, here’s that (non-exhaustive) list:
My Measurement PRoponent / PRomulgator Blog which I offer up more for a fairly extensive blog roll where you’ll find all sorts of smart folks like the following:
Ton Watson / Dummy Spit: http://dummyspit.wordpress.com/
Don Bartholomew / MetricsMan: http://metricsman.wordpress.com/
Nick Grant / Media Track: http://www.mediatrack.com/blog/index.html
Michael Blowers: http://mediaevaluation.blogspot.com/
Fleming Madsen / Onalytica: http://www.onalytica.com/blog/
Thought Leadership / White Papers:
1. Excellence in PR & Communications Management. (chpts 7, 23), Grunig J. (ed). (1992). New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
2. A Primer of Public Relations Research. Stacks, D.W. (2002). New York, NY: The Guildford Press
3. Evaluating Public Relations. Watson, T. & Noble, P. (2005). London: Kogan Page.
4. Public Relations: What Research Tells Us. Pavlik, J. (1987). New York: Sage Publications.
5. Using Research in Public Relations. Broom, G.M. & Dozier, D.M. (1990). Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall Inc.
6. Measuring Success: The Data-Driven Communicator’s Guide to Measuring Public Relationships. Paine, K.D. (2007). NH: KDPaine & Partners Publishing.
7. The Content Analysis Guidebook. Neuendorf, K. (2002). London: Sage Publications.
8. Communication Research. Stacks, D.W. & Hocking J.E. (1999). New York: Longman.
9. Mass Communication Research Methods. Hansen, A. (1998). New York: New York University Press
10. Unleashing the Power of PR: A Contrarian’s Guide to Marketing and Communication. Weiner, M. (2006). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.